fashion 2010
this site the web

mode 2010

Love it.

I have to say that I literally laughed out loud when I saw photos of Anne Hathaway looking so fabulously hot after her messy break up (or clean break up with messed up man) just recently and I really do give credit to New York magazine for stating that "Looking good is the best revenge". I mean, I think I love it because I personally can relate to it and I am positive that many of you out there can agree with me. Sometimes when it comes to love and life, nothing beats getting your hair done, putting on some make up, wearing your best clothes and instead of eating the boxes of chocolate or the tubs of ice-cream, send a box or tub back to your ex along with a photograph of you looking super fabulous and a letter saying something like "In your face bitch. xx" and that's when you know that nothing can come between you and your Manolos. Bite it.

Written by Lisa Chau. Images courtesy of nymag.com

Innovated classic.

As you might already know (and if not, well...now you do) Comme des Garcons has collaborated with Louis Vuitton. As a celebratory tribute (perhaps) to Louis Vuitton's 30th year in Tokyo, Comme des Garcons designer Rei Kawakubo has designed a limited edition line of six handbags in the iconic monogram pattern. I'd personally say that these handbags are such art pieces and if I were to be a lucky person who owned one of them, I would never really take it out with me anywhere. There is this classic yet futuristic element to it (and we all know how much designers are in love with futuristic at the moment) and I would rather just leave it sitting in a glass box (where the hell will I find one of those?) than take it around with me. This picture gets enough weird looks as it is, and can you imagine if someone went strolling around with it? Proposterous!

If your loving the look or loving the art (shall I say), this collection wll be available to order at the Tokyo Comme des Garçons store from the 4th of September. Our menswear editor will be there during this period so there is many fashion news to come from Tokyo.

papillioncdc.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment