fashion 2010
this site the web

fashion acecoris

Oversized bangle necklace by Dries Van NotenOversized bangle necklace by Dries Van Noten

And there you have rags to runway almost instantly! If you do decide to make one, please, please email me some pictures of your fabulous piece so I can check out how it went!

Written by Lisa Chau. Images courtesy of Dries Van Noten.

Point the pointy ankle boots away!

I have to admit that I absolutely loved the Chloe Fall/Winter 08 show. I did not mind the embellishments and the excessive chiffon dresses here and there. I didn't even mind those crazy flat pointed ankle boots! That is, until it started spamming at Net-a-porter. I have never really taken a liking to short flat pointy shoes. I remember the last time I bought a pair of boots like that, they were on sale for $180 from $590 and I never actually wore them because when I did, I felt like I have bird's feet. Like pointy flippers on, plus they did nothing for my legs which is still quite a shocker. Yes, I don't know why I bought them at all but I do know that some things look best on the runway, and when it comes to the crazy flat-but-pointy Chloe boots, this is a piece which is harder to pull of than it looks. I totally (kind of) understand how guys must feel about Cockaroach killers (the shoes with the super flat pointed fronts). These should be reserved only for the brave...so all we can assume now is that Agyness Deyn may be rocking a pair soon...and wearing it well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment