fashion 2010
this site the web

juli vogue

Never before seen image in July Vogue Italia.

A question of first's.

I received a lovely email during the weekend about "Buying one's first designer handbag" and "which to choose?". I think it is a really cute question that everyone will think about one time or another. I remember my first designer handbag, it was a small Louis Vuitton white Monogram canvas Pouchette featuring the very funky (at the time, I was only 15) white and multicolour monogram. Funny enough, I still own it and will never forget begging my mother to buy it for me before stringing it around with me everywhere. And yes, that was my first designer handbag experience which led to a cascade of more designer handbag experiences after that. I think the most important thing when it comes to designer handbags is the question of "How much do you love it?" and "How often will you wear it?" and "Does it suit your style?" because the last thing you want is to splash out a few hundred dollars or a grand on something which you love but does not really suit the way you dress thus marginalising the-taking-out-of-this-handbag to special events and only some weekends thing which really does suck. I personally would do a classic design as a safe first choice. Think Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Mulberry and Prada etc. Overall, I guess that if you are willing to work and save for it, you learn the monetary and quality and craftsmanship value of the product making it far more valuable commercially and also much more valuable and meaningful personally which will always be a good thing.

arlenis in vogue italia.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment